Thursday, September 10, 2009

Banana Fig Bread

After all the veggies had been made into burritos, I still had 2 bananas & 3 figs left...all of which were on the overripe side. So, I added them to a Betty Crocker Banana Nut mix. I chose this mix because it has a recipe on the box for adding a banana.

Since I was using a non-stick baking dish, I just mixed everything in the dish itself....save on clean-up.
First, I mashed the banana with a fork [right in the dish] then I chopped the figs and added them.
Next, I added 1/4 cup vegetable oil...I figured that could count as "greasing" the pan. Then 2 eggs. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of milk, but since I had 2 bananas I cut it to 1/4 cup. Add the mix and stir until just blended. Get any batter off the edges & above the "batter line" so that it doesn't burn and then into a preheated 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.

The bread turned out fabulous!
Moist and delicious....
....And I don't have any rotting fruit going to waste.

1 comment:

capndeb said...

Wow! I think that you maximized on everything there, and came up with something very good! Congrats! (Can't wait to see what comes in the next box... new apples are coming in season...)