ABOUT THIS RECIPE
"Pineapple is the surprise ingredient in this Caribbean-style cornbread! Originally from a food section newspaper article about a restaurant in Anguilla. It's delicious with ham and will go well with summer barbeques!"
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup mild white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch square glass cake pan (you can use a metal pan but the recipe states that glass works better).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- While mixer is running, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add corn, pineapple and cheese; mix to blend.
- At low speed, add flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until golden brown around edges and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Page 2 of 2Caribbean Cornbread (cont.)
© 2017 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved. http://www.food.com/62444