Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brixx Pizza

I like pizza. I don't love pizza.
After a slice or 2 I get tired of the same flavor and want something different, but alas, my entire pizza is the same now-monotonous flavor.
So Friday night when my Mother mentioned getting pizza at Brixx's right around the corner from her house I was hesitant, but it was close, I was hungry, and it was getting late.
I thought we'd have to agree on the pizza toppings and I was prepared to acquiesce to more veggies and less meat than I would care for. Imagine my delight when I discovered that the wood fired pizzas at Brixx were 10 inches and made for personal comsumption!
I ordered this one:

Prosciutto
prosciutto and pancetta with whole milk mozzarella cheese topped with fresh arugula and white truffle oil [on a traditional crust lightly brushed with olive oil]

Topped with some freshly grated parmesan, talk about crispy, chewy, fresh, light, salty, peppery perfection!
I ate the whole thing.
After finding a buy-one-get-one-free coupon, Sarah [my Mother] asked me if I wanted to go back a mere five days later. I said sure. I ordered the same pizza. This time it was even better as it came mounded with the spicy arugula dressed with the rich earthy truffle oil to the point I had to fold my slices to keep the cool, crisp goodness on the pizza.
I ate the whole thing, again.

This one might be worth trying to copy at home.

1 comment:

Angela said...

You just reminded me that I have truffle oil in my pantry. I think my next batch of risotto is going to be fabulous.