Saturday, October 24, 2009

CheeseSteaks

Yum...
These sandwiches were quick and easy to throw together and were delicious.

1 pkg (almost a pound) of thin sliced top sirloin
2 Arnold Italian Rolls [These come in a package of 4 which is perfect for us & also make good garlic bread]
Slices of Smoked Provolone Cheese
Celery, onion, & garlic

First, chop the veggies nice and fine and then prepare the sofrito [fry until soft in a tiny bit of butter] adding a couple of cracks of fresh ground pepper & a sprinkle of sea salt. Then remove from skillet and set aside.

Next, I ran the knife through the thinly sliced beef cutting it into strips and then the other way shortening the pieces. Get the skillet good and hot and add a little oil or butter if necessary...I still had oil from my sofrito and didn't need more. Add beef and let sear lightly. Add veggies back in to skillet and stir. Once the beef was cooked to my liking, I lowered the heat and then I divided it into two roll-sized rows and topped with 2 pieces of cheese each & a sprinkle of parmesan. I added a little oregano to mine, but none on Jeff's. Now, open the rolls and place over the top of each row and let the cheese melt for a minute or 2. The only trick now is getting the first sandwich flipped over and out of the pan...a large spatula and my fingers did the trick. The second sandwich was easier...just place a plate over it and turn the whole skillet over. I guess with a big enough plate, I could have removed both sandwiches using this method.

Tada...yummy CheeseSteak Sandwiches!

No comments: